The Texas Hospital Association has elected its 2016 Board of Trustees. New members and officers officially began their terms on January 1. John M. Henderson, CEO of Childress Regional Medical Center, is chairman. Jeffrey L. Canose, M.D., FACHE, chief operating officer/senior executive vice president of Texas Health Resources in Arlington, is chairman-elect. David Huffstutler, president/CEO of St. David’s HealthCare in Austin, is immediate past chairman.
New or reappointed trustees elected to serve two- or three-year terms include:
• Erol Akdamar, FACHE, HCA - North Texas Division, Irving;
• William Blanchard, FACHE, DeTar Healthcare System, Victoria;
• Donna Boatright, RN, Rolling Plains Memorial Hospital, Sweetwater;
• Marc L. Boom, M.D., FACHE, Houston Methodist;
• Michael Covert, FACHE, CHI St. Luke’s Health, Houston;
• Cole Edmonson, D.N.P., RN, FACHE, Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas;
• John B. McWhorter III, Baylor Scott & White Health - North Texas, Dallas; and
• Carlyle Walton, FACHE, Metroplex Adventist Hospital Inc., Killeen.
Trustees continuing as members of the board include:
• Erin Asprec, Memorial Hermann Health System, Houston;
• Karen Barber, RN, Yoakum Community Hospital;
• Marc Barrett, M.D., Providence Healthcare Network, Waco;
• Frederick P. Cerise, M.D., Parkland Health & Hospital System, Dallas;
• Phyllis Cowling, United Regional Health Care System, Wichita Falls;
• Christopher J. Durovich, FACHE, Children’s Health, Dallas;
• Robert Earley, JPS Health Network, Fort Worth;
• Sally A. Hurt-Deitch, RN, FACHE, The Hospitals of Providence, El Paso;
• Douglas A. Matney, South Texas Health System, Edinburg;
• Russell Meyers, FACHE, Midland Memorial Hospital;
• Richard Parks, FACHE, Covenant Health System, Lubbock;
• Ernie W. Sadau, FACHE, CHRISTUS Health, Irving;
• Stephen Sibbitt, M.D., Baylor Scott & White Health, Temple;
• Robert L. Walker, FACHE, Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children, Dallas; and
• Jaime Wesolowski, Methodist Healthcare System of San Antonio.
Ted Shaw, THA president/CEO, will serve as secretary. The Council on Policy Development chairman (Glenn Robinson, FACHE, of Baylor Scott & White Hillcrest Medical Center in Waco) and vice chairman (Brad Holland, FACHE, of Cedar Park Regional Medical Center) and the Texas Healthcare Trustees chairman (Bob Dyess of Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Waxahachie) will serve as ex officio members. In addition to the THA officers, Asprec, Cerise, Cowling, Durovich, Hurt-Deitch, Matney, Robinson and Wesolowski will serve one-year terms as at-large members of the THA Executive Committee.