The Specialty Care Center at Victory Lakes, operated by the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, recently held a special dedication and ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate opening their doors to patients.
UTMB President Dr. David L. Callender welcomed state Reps. Craig Eiland and Larry Taylor.
Dr. Kenneth I. Shine, executive vice chancellor for health affairs at UT System, formally dedicated the building.
Located at 2240 Gulf Freeway South in League City, the center represents a major expansion of services for patients in north Galveston and south Harris counties. The 110,000-square-foot, two-story facility will house a number of health care services for Galveston County residents, including:
- Advanced Imaging Center (radiology)
- Outpatient Surgery Center
- Breast Health Center
- Center for Obesity and Metabolic Surgery
- Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Center
- Pelvic Health and Continence Center
- Surgical Specialty Care Clinic
- Vascular Lab